Santa Clara County ARES/RACES
Service and Network Info
Packet Site Registration Form (126 KB) (54 KB) - Submit
EOC or other agency site details for RF coverage analysis
- 2016 Packet Year-End Summary (PDF - 1.4 MB) End of year summary of changes and preview of upcoming enhancements, 12/02/16, by Michael Fox, N6MEF
- 2014 Packet Year-End Summary (PDF - 1.8 MB) End of year summary of changes, 12/19/2014, by Michael Fox, N6MEF and Logan Zintsmaster, KZ6O.
- SCCo Packet Network Update - New SCCo Packet Installer v73 (PDF - 621 kB) Presented at Training Net on 10/28/2014, by SCCo Packet Committee
- Internet Outages - Not Just for Disasters (PDF - 5.4 MB) Presented at PAARA on 10/3/2014, by Michael Fox, N6MEF
- Packet Network Update - Changes to tactical call routing (PDF - 237 kB) Used for training net on 9/30/2014, by Michael Fox, N6MEF
- Toward an Integrated Electronic Messaging System (PDF - 3.6 MB) A summary of the past three years and a look at what's next. Presented to SPECS and SVECS in January, 2014, 1/25/2014, by the Packet Committee
Outpost and PacFORMS are the standard client software used in Santa Clara County ARES/RACES. Outpost provides an easy to use, e-mail-like user interface for sending, receiving and managing packet messages. PacFORMS provides an HTML representation of many standard county forms and optimizes the sending and receiving of forms-based information over a packet network.
Download Packet Client Software
Configuration and Set-up Instructions
Operating and Usage Instructions
- PuTTY terminal emulator
- Download the full installer for several useful tools
- Download the putty.exe binary to run PuTTY without admin access; useful to keep on your USB memory stick
- BBS Info
Join us for the Weekly Packet Check-in on Mondays and Tuesday evenings. Everyone is welcome to check-in. Consult the Weekly Packet Check-In Procedures page for complete details.
This page was last updated 13-Jan-2017