Santa Clara County, California
Standardized Emergency Management
Introductory Course of Instruction
Module A3: SEMS Operating Requirements and Individual
A3.7: General Demobilization/Release Requirements for SEMS
Agency requirements for demobilization at incidents at the Field
Response or at EOC levels will vary considerably.
Large incidents and/or EOC's within larger jurisdictions may
require the establishment of a Demobilization Unit within the Planning/Intelligence
Section to help facilitate the demobilization process.
General demobilization considerations for all personnel at either
the Field Response or EOC Levels are to:
- Complete all work assignments.
- Brief subordinates regarding demobilization.
- Complete and file required forms and reports.
- Follow agency check-out procedures.
- Evaluate performance of subordinates prior to release.
- Return any communications equipment or other non-expendable
- Report to assigned departure points on time or slightly ahead of