Santa Clara County, California
Standardized Emergency Management
Introductory Course of Instruction
Module A3: SEMS Operating Requirements and Individual
A3.5: Incoming briefings in SEMS
All incoming personnel, whether to an ICS organization at the
Field Response level, or reporting to an EOC, should be provided with a briefing, prior to
their assuming their assigned position. briefings should include;
- Current situation assessment.
- Identification of specific job responsibilities expected of you.
- Identification of co-workers within your job function and/or
- Availability of communications.
- Location of work area.
- Identification of eating and sleeping arrangements as appropriate.
- Procedural instructions for obtaining additional supplies,
services and personnel.
- Identification of operational period work shifts.
- After receiving your briefing and activating your assignment, give
a similar briefing to any personnel assigned to you.